Thursday, October 18, 2007

More rainy day musings, plus opinion spoutoff

Well, part deux of my days off. In a few minutes, it is happy joy clean clothes times, aka time to do laundry. Man, my place could do with a cleaning.

Anyways, the story the defense is trying to put up in the Laura Dickinson case is ridiculous. It holds as much water as a spaghetti strainer. What scares me even more is the ignorance some people hold about it. I overheard before one of my classes " Well, all they have is that DNA and fiber evidence, looks like they were right!" I am not a CSI expert, or even an avid fan of the show, but to me, that is damning evidence. Not only do they have the semen match of Orange Taylor and the fiber match from his hoodie, but they also have video surveillance of him in both Hill Hall, and walking past Big Bob's Lakehouse.

Plus, with the state of decomposition, finding definite signs of a struggle would have been hard. The story about her heart problems is improbable as they would have likely been evident in the autopsy, as well as the crease patterns in her fitted bed sheet indicating she had been forcibly pulled down from it.

What I find even harder to believe is that it took so long for her body to be discovered. The smell should have been a red flag, as the smell of decomposition is a very distinct smell, especially human decomposition from what I have been told. Also, there must have been some noise involved during the initial struggle, yet nobody was privy to investigate. Again, very troubling.

While our Justice system moves around "Innocent until proven guilty", hopefully, the prosecution will not let a miscarriage of justice happen.

No comments: